Southern Lions Study Skills & Exam Technique Seminar
• Don't deal well with the pressures of exams?
• Finding it hard to balance rugby, life & study?
• Year 10, 11, 12 or Uni exams looming?
For many students exam time can be their first significant experience of stress and they don't do as well at exam time as they could. This is not because they aren't smart but because they don't understand stress or know how to deal with their fear of exams.
Sadly, there is no magic formula to fix this. However, there are common sense ways to get better at exams, understand and manage the fear and stress of exams, improve how you prepare for them and help cope with the stress of exam time.
Keen to know how?
Southern Lions are proud to present a seminar full of practical and common sense tips and tactics that holds something for everyone, parents and students alike.
• Know thine enemy! Improve your understanding of stress and fear, what it is, how your body reacts to it, how it relates to exams and how to manage it.
• Methods to integrate your rugby/sport and your studies (to the benefit of both!)
• Better manage your relationships at exam time with family and friends
• Work smarter and get better value for your study time
• Improve time management and goal setting techniques
• Manage pre‐exam, exam and post exam stress.
• How to be happy with exams or at least comfortable with them.
Introduced by Club President and career educator Mike Penhaligon, the session is presented by Sam Nunn. Sam has been involved in pastoral care in secondary boarding for
over a decade and tutored at Murdoch University Law School for 6 years, including running
study and exam skills sessions for upper secondary and tertiary students.
• Entry by donation and all friends of the Southern Lions are welcome. All donations go to supporting our club's juniors!
• Seminar in two parts, approx. 70 mins total.
• Where? ‐ Southern lions RUFC Club house. 3S9 Hammond Rd, Success.
• When? ‐ Monday 15th May 2017, starting at 6.30 pm.
• Booking, not essential but RSVP', via club Facebook event is appreciated for indication of likely numbers attending.