Round 10 2017 vs Southern Lions B2s
B1s come out on top in tough hit out
Southern Lions Champ B sides took each other on for the first time in 2017. The teams were looking to put their claim as the best Champ B side at the club and came out firing on all cylinders.
Southern Lions co-coach Dan King provided the following summary of the game -
"It was always going to be a tough and physical game this week, these inter-club games always bring out the best of the players as they want to prove a point. I saw plenty of passion from all the players today on both sides and overall it was a pretty good game to watch but at times frustrating.
We started well and went to a 3 – 0 lead through Nathan's boot and started to build from there, they defended pretty well and competed in the scrums and rucks which made it hard for us to get any momentum or ground advantage, I think at times we were lazy and didn’t stick to the game plan and that cost us. Training will be interesting this week as we have heaps to improve on, overall I am glad we won but not happy with how we played, maybe the occasion got to the lads at times. We really needed a bonus point win to stay top and luckily we sneaked a last try towards the end of the game. I think we left at least 4 tries on the pitch through bad decision making and handling errors that we need to address for this week’s game against Rockingham.
A strong Captain's performance from PJ who chipped in with two tries, with one from Nathan and Konnor. There wasn’t many other positives from the game, we set high standards and today If we are honest we didn’t do what we worked on, simple."
Congratulations to the coaches and players on a tough win.
1. Loose head prop Hinder, Rawiri M
2. Hooker Kelly, Chadd P
3. Tight head prop Ayscough, Jack
4. Left lock Swinny, Irwin E
5. Right lock Coffey, Timothy J
6. Left flanker Rule, Benjamin J
7. Right flanker Van Sittert, Dawid
8. Number eight Jackson, Peter (c) 2 Tries
9. Scrum half Clifton, Michael A
10. Fly half Lamatoa, Nathan I 1 Try 1 Con 1 Pen
11. Left wing Halliday, Craig
12. Left centre Henry, Hami
13. Right centre Riches, Matthew J
14. Right wing Rigby, Blake E
15. Full back Day, Konnor J 1 Try
16. Reserve Olislaegers, Ben P
17. Reserve Niemann, Branden
18. Reserve Delome, Kurt D
19. Reserve Jackson, Murray P
20. Reserve Jacques, Jayden P
21. Reserve Chapman, Chris
22. Reserve Medway, Ray