2017 Round 11 Champ B1 vs Rockingham RUFC
B1s look good on beautiful winter's day
Southern Lions co-coach Dan King provided the following summary of the game -
"A game of two halves today, we started off really well in the first ten minutes scoring a try and took our foot off the pedal letting Rocky back into the game. There had some powerful and dangerous backs which exploited holes in our defense and from there they managed to score two tries putting us under pressure right up till half time where we went in at just ahead.
I was happy with parts of the first time and some of structures we trained on Thursday I could see the boys putting this into practice during the game but our first half tackling was poor, allowing them to dictate contact and the pace of the game which suited them and not us. lets just say that half time chat wasn't pleasant at times for the lads. They took on the feedback and we addressed the second half in the manner we are used to, scoring some well worked try's and individual brilliance, we were very dominate and executed extremely well.
Everyone really fronted up in the second half and we proved what we can do when we have ball in hand and how dangerous we can be. Both forwards and backs chipped in with some great tries. My favorite try was a well worked line out, with a catch and dive seeing Tim Coffey go over for a well worked score.
Other scores came from Bruce/Jack/PJ/Trigger/Kurt/Scotty and 2 from Konnor. Nathan converted 5 from 8 today.
We are happy with the result which sets us up for a tough battle against Perth Irish next week at the Lions den so we wont be taking the lightly at all."
1. Loose head prop King, Jason
2. Hooker Meyer, Bruce C
3. Tight head prop Ayscough, Jack
4. Left lock Hinder, Rawiri M
5. Right lock Coffey, Timothy J
6. Left flanker Niemann, Branden
7. Right flanker Van Sittert, Dawid
8. Number eight Jackson, Peter (c)
9. Scrum half Olislaegers, Ben P
10. Fly half Henry, Hami
11. Left wing Jacques, Jayden P
12. Left centre Rigby, Blake E
13. Right centre Lamatoa, Nathan I
14. Right wing Delome, Kurt D
15. Full back Day, Konnor J
16. Reserve Haapu, Rewi
17. Reserve Hinder, Benjamin M
18. Reserve Clifton, Michael A
19. Reserve Tairea, Junior
20. Reserve Turnbull, Scott L
21. Reserve Frasson, Xavier A
22. Reserve Rule, Benjamin J
23. Reserve Jackson, Murray P
Day, Konnor J 2;
Meyer, Bruce C 1;
Ayscough, Jack 1;
Jackson, Peter 1;
Delome, Kurt D 1;
Clifton, Michael A 1;
Turnbull, Scott L 1
Lamatoa, Nathan I 5